We had lasagna for dinner Wednesday night when Lily and her family came over. Here’s the recipe I used. It was REALLY good.
This recipe is also from allrecipes.
1 pound sweet italian sausage
3/4 pound lean ground beef
1/2 cup minced onion (about 1 medium onion)
2 cloves garlic, crushed and minced
1 (28 oz) can crushed tomatoes
2 (6 oz) cans tomato paste
2 (6.5 oz) cans tomato sauce
1/2 cup water
2 tablespoons white sugar
1 1/2 tablespoons dried basil leaves (I used about 3 tablespoons fresh basil)
1/2 teaspoon fennel seeds (I didn’t use these b/c I didn’t have them)
1 teaspoon italian seasoning
1 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
4 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
12 oven-ready lasagna noodles
16 ounces ricotta cheese
3/4 pound shredded mozzarella cheese
3/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
1. In a large pot cook sausage, beef, onion and garlic until done. Stir in tomatoes, tomato paste, tomato sauce, and water. Season with all seasoning except for half of the parsley. Cover and simmer about an hour, stirring occasionally.
2. In a large bowl, combine ricotta, egg, 3/4 of mozzarella and parmesan.
3. Spread 1 1/2 cups meat sauce in bottom of a 9×13 inch pan. Arrange half of noodles evenly over meat. Spread with half the ricotta cheese mixture. Spoon 1 1/2 cups meat sauce of cheese mixture and top with remaining noodles. Spread remaining cheese mixture over noodles. Top with the rest of the sauce and remaining mozzarella cheese.
4. Cover with greased foil (so it doesn’t stick to the cheese) and refridgerate over night. Let sit at room temperature for an hour before baking.
5. Bake in a preheated 375 degree oven for 25 minutes. Uncover and bake for another 25 minutes until cheese is melted and lasagna is hot.
MMMMM. SOO GOOD!