I’ve been working all day to get the kitchen ready for the fabricators to come today and measure. We’ve fixed the cabinets so that they’re all sturdy and level. The back splash is totally gone and there are no counter tops in the house (they’re piled up in the yard.) I swept the floor so that nobody will get hurt and am amazed how much that small act cheered me up. The kitchen doesn’t look nearly as horrible as it did last night. Don’t get me wrong, it’s still ugly as can be, but at least the floor’s clean and we can walk through it.
So here’s the update.
What’s been done:
- Top cabinets have been painted
- Bottom cabinets have been painted
- Old sink has been removed
- New sink has been purchased
- Hardware for cabinets have been purchased
- Granite has been purchased and will be measured today
- Counter tops are gone
- Back splash is gone
- Doors are primed and half of them are painted
Still to do:
- Sand the sheet rock and possible put more up
- Paint over sheet rock
- Sand base cabinets
- Touch up the paint on base cabinets
- Finish painting cabinet doors
- Buy and install new dishwasher
- Install hardware and hang doors
And I want all that done before the granite is installed. That gives me a minimum of two weeks and a maximum of four. Hopefully they’ll be able to give me a time estimate today.
So between now and when the counter tops are installed, I will be working my butt off. Fun.