Kenya and I took almost a year off from our dog training … oops! We still work on what she already knows, I just haven’t taught her anything new. And I really need to because there’s some things I want her to do/not do once Nathan arrives. That doesn’t leave us much time. Thankfully she learns quickly!
Here’s what I want to teach her:
- Not to jump on people (especially me and Nathan)
- Easy! (when she’s being too rough. She already pretty much knows this)
- To walk on a leash without pulling me across the street!
- To actually obey when I tell her to “go lay down”
But to brag on her a bit, here’s all the words she knows!:
- Go lay down (and sometimes she listens)
- Daddy’s home!
- Do you wanna go for a ride?
- Where’s Jazz?
- Do you wanna go see Grandma? (this gets her most excited!)
- Time for bed
- Let’s go outside
That’s 16 words/phrases she knows. Go puppy!