Nathan is five months old today! Where does the time go??!!
And so that I don’t forget anything later on, here’s a list of what he can do right now:
- Roll from tummy to back (and almost from back to tummy, he just can’t figure out how to get around the elbow.)
- Sit up supported for long periods of time.
- Sit up unsupported for a few seconds before toppling over. 🙂
- Stand supported for long periods of time.
- Pull up on our hands to a standing position.
- Reach for and grab his toys. His newest thing is spinning the ball on his high chair tray. Drives me crazy because it distracts him from eating. 🙂
- Jump in his horse, his exersaucer, and while being held. He loves to jump.
- Smile at almost everyone when they talk to him.
- Laugh at Mommy and Daddy.
This is just amazing to me because I still remember bring him home and him not being able to do anything but hold his head up. I can’t believe how fast he’s growing!
He seems to finally be establishing a set sleep schedule. I’ve been working hard with it since we got home and it seems to be helping his mood as well. He wakes up at 8:30 and nurses and then gets cereal and fruit. Then we play and do housework until he goes down at 10:30 for a nap. (He even puts himself to sleep without crying!!) Eats again at 12:30 and goes down for a nap between 2:30 and 3. Eats again at 4:30 and sometimes takes a short nap around 7:30 before eating again at 8:30. (I think I might try to eliminate this nap altogether to help him sleep better at night.) He gets a bath and a story after dinner and then goes to sleep. Dream feed at 10:30 and hopefully he sleeps through the night. The sleeping through the night part is still iffy, maybe eliminating that late nap will help. He gets a snack at 6 when he wakes up, and goes back to sleep until 8:30. Right now he’s nursing 6 times a day (hopefully he’ll drop that 6am snack soon) and getting solids 3 times a day.
Such a big boy!