Nathan turned six months on Sunday. However, I waited to post this until after his appointment.
It’s hard to believe that six months has passed already. In a way, it seems as though he was just born. And in other ways, it seems as though he’s been with us forever. I can’t imagine not having him around to love and cuddle on. It’s been a pretty great six months. He’s a pretty amazing little boy. I’m blessed.
Alright, enough gushing. The stats: 16 lbs, 12 ounces. I don’t have a length because the woman measuring him didn’t do it right. According to her measurements, he’s shrunk. Definitely NOT the case. He’s a little piggy and has definitely lengthened since his 4 month appointment. He’s meeting all of his milestones except crawling. (Apparently I missed the update that 6 month olds are supposed to be crawling?! Anyone else hear of this?? I thought that didn’t happen with most babies until 7 or 8 months.)
And for the fun things Nathan does at 6 months:
- Eats anything we give him.
- Sits up for longer periods of time.
- LOVES to play on his tummy.
- Can hold himself up on his elbows while playing with his toys on his tummy.
- Stands up while holding our hands.
- Grabs his feet.
- Does push ups and sit ups.
- Pivots around and scoots in his sleep.
- Smiles and laughs at just about everything.
- Fake coughs. (This is the cutest thing EVER!)
- Feeds himself MumMums.
- Drinks from a sippy cup with minor leaks. 🙂
I’ll put a few pictures and a video of the fake cough up tomorrow or Friday. I just need to find time to breathe first.