For those following along, here’s a quick update of our lives right now.
- Nathan will turn THREE next month! THREE. Crazy. He’s super smart (and I’m not just biased). He recognizes all of his letters and knows most of their sounds. He can count to 16 (sometimes he confuses 13 and 14). His vocabulary compares to a 4 or 5 year old and he speaks in complete sentences very clearly. He’s pretty much potty trained during the day and is learning how to swim.
- Alex is almost 17 months old and is very smart as well. (Again, I’m not just biased.) She can say at least 30 words already and understands many more. She’s our monkey and is determined to do anything her brother does. Except swim. She doesn’t like any water except the water in our baby pool or a puddle in the yard. We call her our “itty bitty” because she’s so small. About 21 pounds right now, but very healthy.
- Craig is working hard, as always, to not only support our family but to save for our adoption. He’s pretty much amazing.
- I’m still doing the crafting thing. Mostly painting right now, which I love. I’ll post some pictures of my recent stuff soon.
- We’re back on the fitness bandwagon and ready to be healthy for life! We’ve been doing pretty well for the last year, but can always do better. I’m starting some crossfit exercises at home with a friend. We’re training to one day compete! I’m probably more excited about it than I should be. 🙂
- We’re also narrowing down adoption locations. I think we’ll come to a decision within the next week or two. We’ll let you know!
- We have about HALF of the funds needed to adopt. And we haven’t officially started the paperwork! God is amazing.
I think that’s all the big stuff. Now you’re all caught up. Did you even know you were behind?